- Give me a brief history of your career ( or your business).
I am a journalist-cum-public relations practitioner currently looking at establishing what Susan calls a side hustle in form of a business.
- How did you come to know about Susan Mwenda-Mulongoti and what she does?
I came to learn of Susan more closely when I bought her book on 6 Ways to Market your business using Facebook in Zambia at Kafubu Mall in Ndola. But before that, I had been following her write-ups at a distance on entrepreneurship from as far back as 2014 when she focused her writings mostly on farming (chicken rearing, taking agriculture as a business, etc).
- What made her work stand out for you? In other words, what gave you the confidence to purchase her program?
I have read so many books by some of the world’s greatest writers on entrepreneurship, motivation and self-development but what made Susan’s works stand out was because they were tailored to the Zambian market, which made me easily relate with them.
- What problem or challenge made you become interested in purchasing this program?
As an upcoming (or potential) entrepreneur, I had always had challenges in selling my products and ideas which in the end always led to my side hustles dying – miserably. I chatted with Susan on how best I could approach my next side hustle and her willingness to freely devote her time to coaching me by providing advice tailored to my situation, won me over even before I learnt of the programme. When I learnt she would have a month long business coaching class, debating the issue was a no brainer for me, because I had already known how good she was at her work.
- In trying to solve the challenge or problem you had before buying this program, what other solution, if any did you try?
I read all sorts of books on business management, sales management and marketing. I also kept on pumping more money in my loss-making side hustles to cushion them – only for them to make more losses.
- What are the benefits you have realised from purchasing this program?
It has given me a wealth of knowledge on the critical things to focus on at every stage of the business if it is to grow and succeed. The programme has also helped me to discover some of the reasons why my previous side-hustles inevitably betrayed their promising starts.
- What would you say to someone who is considering buying this program? Would you recommend it and why?
I would highly recommend them to buy, particularly those in Zambia, because it is a highly practical product made by a Zambian chiefly for the Zambian market.
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
To enrich her works even further, I would advise Susan to consider engaging a professional editor to edit all her write-ups (briefs and books) to ensure minor typographical errors are taken care of before the final product is released. From my experience as a former newspaper Editor, who has also edited no less than 10 books, the biggest challenge of most Zambian authors is to wait for an editor to clean up the manuscripts. But the waiting becomes well worth it when the final product is a perfect gem.